Philippine Birds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Philippine Birds

This forum is in dedication to bird lovers of the Philippines. Anyone is invited if interested in Bird watching, aviculture and such.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sexing cockatiel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
redphoenix
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:20 am

Male cockatiels whistles, brighter red patch on the cheek, has higher cock feather. but young male around 2mos old still resembles that of a female. Female on the other hand, has direct opposite of the male, dull color, shorter cock feathers, they usually whistle but less or no more especially if they had opposite sex with them and they might feel something is wrong. breeding them is easy, just a quiet environment, proper diet and sunlight. thats how i do it before they breed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
raven
Fledgling
Fledgling

Number of posts : 71

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:39 am

pictures....

Sexing cockatiel Dsc01396bp9
Sexing cockatiel 1369884221lfv1
Sexing cockatiel 1415020658ldg4
Sexing cockatiel 1468644886lvi2
Sexing cockatiel Dsc01309vk0
Sexing cockatiel Dsc01311yu0
Sexing cockatiel Dsc02531ow5
Sexing cockatiel Dsc02534ep8
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 75

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:31 pm

can cockatiels be free flighted?
Back to top Go down
https://philbirds.forumotion.com
Pugak
Fledgling
Fledgling
Pugak

Number of posts : 46

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:52 am

i think it can be free flighted.. i think any birds can be free flighted as long as it is trained...
Back to top Go down
redphoenix
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 33

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:18 am

depend talaga sa bird, kahit handfed may masama pa rin ugali, may hindi handfed pero mabait hehehe
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 75

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:18 pm

BTW, cockatiels can not be freeflighted, they are "straight flyers". When released their natural tendency is to fly straight, so they cannot be trained to return. I was able to read this in some cockatiel article, besides, I have never heard of a freeflight trained cockatiel.
Back to top Go down
https://philbirds.forumotion.com
raven
Fledgling
Fledgling

Number of posts : 71

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:20 pm

it depends on training and the skills of the birds,... I had this specific tiel na kaya magshift ng direction kahit airborne siya madalas nga lang sa head ko nagpeperch ung albino na nasa set of pics na pinost ko siya yoon, and yoong height ng lipad niya di tumataas ng 5 ft, pero fully flighted feather cxa and matured tiel na cxa and I also sold one tiel na may inborn skills na nagfree flight yoong 5th and 6th pics yoong pearlpied kapatid yoon ng albino kaya din niya magshift and kapag nasalabas siya ng cage pagtinawag ng amo niya lumilipad papunta sa kaniya... try ko hiramin yoong video na pinakita 3 days after makuha sakin yoong ibon... Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
jcruze057
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:15 am

I have 2 cockatiels which I bought from BioResearch almost 2 months ago, currently I am taming them and teaching them how to sing and whistle, so far so good naman, ang sarap alagaan at nawawala stress
Back to top Go down
http://gadgetzoneblog.blogspot.com/
jcruze057
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Sexing cockatiel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing cockatiel   Sexing cockatiel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:18 am

Admin wrote:
BTW, cockatiels can not be freeflighted, they are "straight flyers". When released their natural tendency is to fly straight, so they cannot be trained to return. I was able to read this in some cockatiel article, besides, I have never heard of a freeflight trained cockatiel.
oh so sad naman to hear that. I hope you visit my sight, I also provide updates about my cockatiels
Back to top Go down

Sexing cockatiel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Philippine Birds :: Bird Keeping in The Philippines :: Cockatiels-
Jump to: